April 8, 2009...
It's easy to slip.
At one moment, we can be pushing optimistically towards a goal like "the little engine that could" when all of a sudden we come to a screeching halt.
I hate that part.
The hill gets steeper and we get tired. We get news that disagrees with our goal intentions. We lose our edge and our drive. And then we quit.
And that's bad...really, really bad.
But there is one way to help assure that you won't quit. And this is good...really, really good.
Ready for it?
Okay...cover your ears for a moment while I whisper the word out loud first. It's a word that causes us to squirm initially, and it takes some adjusting of your attitude to get used to it.
Here I go. "Accountability."
Okay...now it's out there. Here it is one more time:
Throw in a bit of daily life accountability and watch what happens Your energy increases. Your drive becomes more passionate. You set yourself on fire. (In a positive way, of course!) Add positive habits to your life every single day and you end up appreciating just how great it feels to be focused and heading in a successful direction.
And that feels great...really, really great.
Want a few accountability tips?
Here are seven "success anchors" I practice every day:
1. I exercise daily. When my body has positive energy so does my mind and that floods over into my emotional state.
2. I read empowering words daily. I squeeze out the negative garbage by pushing in a ton of empowering information. Reading also sparks my positive creativity.
3. I make sure to work on my big goal every single day. I designate a time period where I know "Now's the time!"
4. I keep a daily journal of my progress. A journal is an amazing self-awareness tool that keeps me one step ahead of slipping hard.
5. I accept all news...good and bad...as just news. "It is what it is." This way, bad news doesn't hit me as hard and I can keep forging ahead without throwing in the towel.
6. I surround myself with people with winning attitudes. It eliminates negative energy and it feeds my attitude.
7. I share an empowered attitude and positive words everywhere and with everyone. Always sharing positive always keeps me positive.
At first, working these accountability measures into my schedule was challenging. No...let's find a better word...it was flat out "tough." But Now? I want the accountability. I feed off it. I realize the accountability is what makes my whole world stronger, better and more vibrant.
Try it. Add more personal accountability into your world.
If you do, I can assure you that you will find yourself continually chugging up your goal mountain at a far more consistent pace.
And that is great...really, really great!